Sunday 8 April 2012

Tommeke Tommeke Tommeke


                                                                                                     

Tom Boonens attack today with over 50 km's to go was great to watch and I bet even a watching
Cancerlara would of been wondering if even he could of held his wheel. I didn't get to watch last weeks win at Flanders live but I'd recorded it so spent most of the week until I could watch it trying to avoid finding out  the result. 
Flanders has always been my favourite race but with the Muur & the Bosberg  removed from the race I have to say for me it's just not the same, a bit like watching the last day of the tour without the Champs Elysees. Tom, today though made up for any let downs from the organisers of the Flanders, I have always been a fan of Tom not just for his riding but because he is a real character and obviously not afraid to enjoy life away from cycling, anybody who can twice test positive for Cocaine and then ride a classics campaign like Tom has and equalled De Vlaeminck's record of four Roubaix wins is a bit special, the only rider ever to win Gent Wevelgem, E 3, Flanders & Roubaix in the same season. I'd like to know what his accusers of being a wheel sucker are thinking now ? Chapeau Tom Boonen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment